The new era of sustainable business
1. Man’s actions are changing our planet – we all have a responsibility to change the way we act
2. We are entering a new era where the market does not dictate all actions – it will be mitigated by tighter legislation and the views of the vocal minority
3. Communication technology allows customers to be in control – businesses and brands must involve and engage not lecture and dictate
4. Much of business is sluggish to act – successful businesses will exploit the new necessities to gain advantage
5. Sustainability capability must be matched to communications transparency to drive powerful new approaches, which deliver real commercial value
6. Organisations that act in this way can gain advantage from the groundswell, without having necessarily to take the lead
It is fantastic to leave a seminar feeling inspired and full of practical ideas. Thursday’s oomph seminar did exactly that, Ben and Dan are naturals at putting an audience at ease which meant real participation from the group. As environmental professionals often form a one person team, it is fantastic to share a room with like minded individuals from local businesses who have faced and tackled similar challenges and can offer insight and advice. Eagerly anticipating the next installment of Oomph!
Nicola Duffy, Environmental Co-ordinator at Highcross, Leicester
Thank you both for inviting us to today’s Oomph seminar. From our point of view, we found the stimulus material and subsequent debate insightful from a sustainability perspective, but also in a wider context applicable to the successful deployment of general business initiatives.
Participant at Oomph Seminar 30 June 2011
Really enjoyed this morning. I have attended very few seminars over the past two years simple because they are all too similar, often the the same speakers and follow the same theme. Today was most importantly enjoyable, interesting and got the brain cells working. I like small groups with variety of people and backgrounds.
Participant at first Oomph Seminar 30 June 2011